Thursday 3 April 2008

and more........

I decide to go into the office at the weekend to catch up on work overdue..... and while I am there, Christine goes flat again. I contact the RAC. They once more contact Local Guy. He takes her to the ferry, she goes to Inverness. With a note that its probably not the damn battery that was faulty.

I retreat to my hole and have yet another hire car, kerching!

I advise the body shop (remember we are STILL waiting for the wing to arrive from Milan or wherever....) that a second ding has occurred but the car is not available to be fixed yet.

I wait. I harrass the dealer. Eventually they decide its the radio thats faulty and pulling the power. They will remove it, send it away for repairs, and then I can come get her and have the whole thing all working and spanky new. Fantastic.

I wait some more.

I am called to come get her - the radio is not back yet, but I have a replacement radio to use till it is back from the repairers. I can come past on my way back from Edinburgh and collect the radio. Perfect. I go get her.

The replacement radio could be better..... every 20 minutes it turns itself off which is something of a nuisance, but hey ho its all temporary because soon I will have my own radio back and it will be fixed and will not drain the battery and cause neighbourhood misery and shattered nerves..............

I do my business in Edinburgh and call the dealer to enquire as to the readiness of my radio. Ah. The radio it seems cannot be repaired. It will have to be replaced. And that will cost £250 plus vat. I cringe. I decide to put up with the 20 minutes of music bursts and save the cash for now, but console myself that at least the cause of the drain has been identified and now we can sleep at nights.

I collect Christine from Inverness.

oh and the boot button on the key has ceased to open the boot.

No comments: