Sunday 13 April 2008

another week.....

.... still on the road. I'm so nervous of even speaking about it in case we open another series of christine-like events, but I have to say the sportwagon is still running absolutely fine! Its getting perilously close to the stage when I start a) personalising her and b) thinking of a name.
Names have been put forward -
Roxy (too racy)
Vera (dearie me)
Stephanie (nope - thats taken)
Pauline (again - dear me)
I will mull it over. I did pass Andy the local breakdown guy on the road today and detected something of a weariness in his wave to me...... he should by rights be booking his next foreign trip on the back of my business. Seeing me in another Alfa should have him salivating with greed.

1 comment:

John said...

How about `Julia` as in -
`Giulia` Grisi (1811-1869) was an Italian soprano and one of the most famous divas of the first half of the 19th century. Nathaniel Parker dedicated the following poem to her, entitled To Giulia Grisi...

When the rose is brightest,
Its bloom will soonest die;
When burns the meteor brightest,
’T will vanish from the sky.
If Death but wait until delight
O’errun the heart like wine,
And break the cup when brimming quite,
I die--for thou hast poured to-night
The last drop into mine.


She was also a bit `Greasy` innit!