Thursday 3 April 2008

Ok that was (relatively) painless....

I collect the vehicle from the dealer having flown in to Inverness and am amazed to have to part with less that £200 (believe me that is good for this car) The belt has been replaced. The parts were under warranty so no charge for those although I am still smarting about having to pay for labour for work that was only done 6 months before.

I set out for Edinburgh light of heart. I attend my meetings. I collect my Other Half from Edinburgh airport for our planned easter weekend in the capital and Christine is going OK. We park at the posh hotel and proceed to the jollity.

Edinburgh is a walking city and we do not use the car at all all weekend, so when we come to check out on Monday morning and put our bags in the car, she fails to start. Luckily I am driving around with a charged spare battery and jump leads (no luck involved actually - I learned!) so we jump her, run her and deliver him back to the airport so that I can proceed south to the Genius Alfa Guy.

I drive south in a state of fear and trepidation, and to cut a way-too-long story short I make it. I book her in with him. I have a few days with my sister.

No comments: