Thursday 3 April 2008

Things crank up a notch.....

Time passes and I drive her every day, so the battery does not have the chance to give out. I pretend that this demonstrates that she is well, but in my heart I am not so sure.

The body shop calls and say the parts have arrived and can I bring her to be repaired and resprayed. I say yes, when? They mumble that they will phone me.

A week passes. I call again. Not yet.

Another week passes and I call again. Nope, not yet.

I am nearing my next trip south and I want to take her to my trusted Alfa guy for a look over, so I am keen to get this work done. I call the body shop and this time I am stroppy. They agree to take her and I am given the bosses truck to use meantime.

A week in the truck and I cannot wait to get my baby back..... even with her problems she does not use a weeks wages in petrol to do 10 miles.

The call comes and I go to retrieve her.... and she looks BEAUTIFUL. Shiny.... gleaming, sexy, perfect..... Except he tells me that during her stay, the battery went flat and they had to remove it to re-charge it. Ah. Now I know the computer will be all shot and full of errors, but I console myself that in a little under a week I will be taking her south to be looked at by an expert.

I drive her away and as predicted a few weirdnesses occur, mostly low level light warnings that prove to be nothing. And a strange graunching noise from the belt region (again, hers not mine) I was perturbed at this but kept reminding myself a trip to a genius was imminent so all would be well. Funny how deluded you can be..............

No comments: