Thursday 3 April 2008

The final straw?

You would think that by now I would be pretty bombproof as far as this car was concerned but no.......

7.30am....another jump start, another frosty morning.... I whizz her to the bottom end of the island to charge the battery before picking up my son and going to work.... on my return I take the curve at my customary 60mph and the steering fails. I slide scarily near the edge of the cliff and manage to right myself in the nick of time. I am VERY shaken but have to get back to some sort of civilisation to be safe. As I crawl along, one by one the system is shutting down.... ABS, lights, steering, selespeed.... we grind to a halt at the roadside. I open the bonnet and the belt is in tatters. The belt replaced by the Birmingham dealer. Oil is seeping out from underneath. I am near to tears and late for work not to mention in shock after nearly losing her over the edge.

RAC

Local guy

Inverness

I agree to fly to Inverness for the start of my trip south and hopefully pick her up once the belt is repaired..... maybe, just MAYBE the belt -battery-power issues are all connected.....?

No comments: